Last week I gave a new presentation at DevLearn called “Leverage Your Social Network as a Mentoring Community.”
As always, Mat Moore did a fantastic Illustration for the Prezi.
One of the points I stressed was setting measurable goals as you set out to cultivate a social network:
- Start with a good bio and picture (don’t be a n00b)
- Find 50 great people to follow (begin learning from others)
- Plan a project that you can tweet as you go (establish your own presence)
- Reply to others two times a day (engagement)
- Get your first 50 followers (real followers mean you’ve established a quality presence)
Possibly Related Posts:
- Data Privacy Deep Dive: Facebook and Google
- Should we ask students to subscribe to a newspaper?
- Some Basic HTML Tips For When Your LMS Makes You Nuts
- 5 Awesome Hotkey Keyboard Shortcuts You Probably Don’t Know
- Web Browser Basics