Once you learn the algorithms for doing multidigit subtraction, then it might be difficult to remember why it’s hard to learn. If you’re teaching math for elementary teachers, this video might help your students to see why this is so hard for elementary students to learn the subtraction algorithm (or any other algorithm for that matter).
Possibly Related Posts:
- Strategies for Giving Tests with Desmos Graphing Calculator
- Contemporary Algebra Collection (new resources 2/4/2019)
- Teaching in Higher Ed Podcast about ESIL Lens
- Add Graphs In The World to Courses
- Bringing the Real World to Your Math Class Every Day