Is anyone in the mood for a good math puzzle? The Math Factor is a well-established resource of just that. University of Arkansas professor, Chaim Goodman-Strauss and radio journalist, Kyle Kellams, have been broadcasting weekly math-puzzle segments since 2004 on Kellams’ show Ozarks at Large. The Math Factor website is a steadily-growing archive of their work. Goodman-Strauss, together with Edmund Harriss , Stephen Morris, and Jeff Yoak, provide the content (which contains works from Lewis Carroll, among others). Several older puzzle posts include podcasts of Goodman-Strauss, and other contributors, explaining the answers on Kellams’ show. There are also links for comments if you would like to post a response to a puzzle.
- a poster in case you’d like to help advertise!
- The Math Factor on Twitter (username: @Mathfactor or hashtag #mathfactor)
- Goodman-Strass’ graphics page
Possibly Related Posts:
- GITW Relevant Graphs for your Class
- These are a Few of my Favorite Graphs
- Battle of the (free) Digital Whiteboarding Tools
- Tips for Getting the Right Screencast Conditions
- Learning to Screencast – Training Videos