In November, I gave the keynote at the American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges (AMATYC) Conference in Denver.
I have given versions of this talk that are not specific for mathematics, but I don’t have recordings of those. I promise that the math in this talk is not inaccessible and is used more for examples than a framework for the talk. In other words, don’t let the word “math” scare you away. The alternate version of the talk is “Learning is Not a Spectator Sport.”
At the end of the keynote, audience members are invited to participate in a Weekly Teaching Challenge to continue exploring the ideas and research in the talk. You’re invited too. Just sign up!
Possibly Related Posts:
- The Impact of Smartphones on Curriculum
- Make Space for Innovation in Curriculum
- GITW Relevant Graphs for your Class
- These are a Few of my Favorite Graphs
- Spicing up those Introduction Posts in Online Courses