The second unit in Math for Elementary Teachers (MathET) is on numeration systems and operations on whole numbers. Again, the students had to complete a “learning project” for the unit. Some blogged, some mapped concepts and resources, come made presentations to the class, and some built digital lessons.
The students are getting “braver” with what they try with each unit we cover.
Here are the best projects from Round 2:
- Two great Prezi’s, one on Addition & Subtraction and one on Exponent Rules
- A mindmap that attempts to find games or videos for every topic from the unit (in addition to providing notes on each topic)
- Another mindmap that used some great color-coding to explain the material
- A cartoon (made with Pixton) that is funny AND provides details about the history of the number zero
- Two great blogs: Ashley’s, Alyssa’s Ohio State Princess, and Leichia’s BusyMomLa
Round 3 ends tomorrow, but AMATYC starts tomorrow too, so it will be a few days before I post round 3. If you’d like to learn more about the Learning Projects for this class, you can read Transforming Math for Elementary Ed.