I think that I will have to start (or end?) every class session next fall with one of these fabulous formulas from New Math.
Some of them are obvious (once you see them) and some of them just have me laughing out loud because of the simplistic way Craig Damrauer can depict such a complex subject. A few of my favorites:
Inspired by these great formulas, I think we should have a contest to see who can come up with the best “new math formula” for math words like Calculus, Algebra, Statistics, etc.
Take your best stab at your favorite math word, and then link here.
Here’s my contribution, and then I’m back to work on my dissertation (where all my creative energy is flowing these days).
Possibly Related Posts:
- Why use Microsoft Word with blind math students?
- GITW Relevant Graphs for your Class
- These are a Few of my Favorite Graphs
- Battle of the (free) Digital Whiteboarding Tools
- Tips for Getting the Right Screencast Conditions