Someone asked for a copy of my Master’s Thesis Max-Plus Algebra: Properties and Applications (written in 2002 when I was finishing my Masters in Mathematics at the University of Wyoming). I thought I would just make it generally available in case anyone else is interested.
The thesis explains what max-plus algebras are, relevant theorems and definitions, and illustrates examples of how max-plus algebras could be used. For example, you could use Max-Plus algebras to calculate the quickest traffic route or finding the bottlenecks in a production line.
For the record, not one character of LaTeX was typed to write this thesis. I typset the whole thesis using MathType and Word.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Battle of the (free) Digital Whiteboarding Tools
- Tips for Getting the Right Screencast Conditions
- Learning to Screencast – Training Videos
- Strategies for Giving Tests with Desmos Graphing Calculator
- Contemporary Algebra Collection (new resources 2/4/2019)