Did You Wonder… – video powered by Metacafe
- Quote from Alfie Kohn: “so few children seem to take pleasure from what they’re doing on a given weekday morning, … ” Is it just me? Or is this “lack of pleasure” seen in adults too!
- Quote from Amory Lovins: “There is no cost difference between incarceration and an Ivy League education. The main difference is the curriculum.” California spends three times as much on its prisons than its University system.
- Quote from Hunter Lovins: “What is the purpose of education if not for future generations?” Now that’s a quote I can sink my teeth into. As educators we can’t dwell on “how we learned it” – we’ve already been educated and have moved into the world community, but the students we teach need to be prepared for the world they will enter. If that means that instructors will have to continue to be learners themselves – so be it.
- Quote from Edwin Land: “It’s not that we need new ideas, it’s that we need to stop having old ones.”
Overall, I need more time to think about this video before reflecting insightfully – but I thought I would pass it along. References can be found at ed4wb.org.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Taking STEM Online Workshops
- Grammar Correction Hotkeys for Faster Grading
- Spicing up those Introduction Posts in Online Courses
- Battle of the (free) Digital Whiteboarding Tools
- Should we ask students to subscribe to a newspaper?