I rarely talk about the books I’ve written on this blog, but the Community Site [no longer available] for my new book, Algebra Activities, just launched and I think it’s pretty cool. Also, I now have an Amazon.com author page. Yay!
The basic philosophy for the book is to provide easy-to-use classroom activities to instructors so that they can easily replace lecturing time with more active learning. The book also provides instruction tips and lesson plans so that any algebra instructor, especially new ones, can have a “mentor” to guide them and help them reflect on how students learn.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Contemporary Algebra Collection (new resources 2/4/2019)
- Bringing the Real World to Your Math Class Every Day
- Group Exploration in Math
- Level Up: Video Games for Learning Algebra
- Coming out of the Closet: I’m a Game Designer!