2. From Wolfram Demonstrations (remember you will need to download the Mathematica Player AND the demonstration in order to use and manipulate it)
- 3×3 Matrix Explorer an interesting way to explore eigenvalues
- Matrix Multiplication a nice colorized version of matrix multiplication where you control the progression through the multiplication – good for a classroom demo
- Linear Transformations of a Polygon students can explore how changing one of the values of a 2×2 transformation matrix changes the appearance of the polygon. Along this same line, there is also a demonstration of Transformations of the letter F.
- Visual Demonstratin of Eigenvectors
- Image Compression via Singular Value Decomposition this one is really cool… and a great application example for linear algebra
3. Guess what? Gaming programmers need math. Amongst other things, they need to understand linear transformations! Want to prove it? Here is a website of “essential math” for programmers. Scroll down the page and you will find a powerpoint presentation on linear transformations and matrices.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Learning at Scale Slides from ICTCM
- Elaborations for Creative Thinking in STEM
- Learning Math is Not a Spectator Sport
- Recorded Webinar: Teaching Math in 2020
- AMATYC Keynote Notes: Challenge and Curiosity