What is “The AlloSphere” ?
Watch the 7-minute TED video to see. What you all might be interested in is what they do with the Allosphere.
Ann Kuchera-Morin: We map complex mathematical algorithms that unfold in time and space visually and sonically. Our scientist colleagues are finding new patterns in the information and our engineering colleagues are making one of the largest dynamically varying computers in the world for this kind of data exploration.
This reminded me of the city of Auroville , which I visited in India. Both involve large spheres. Both involve a strange collection of collaborators. Only the AlloSphere is lot more high tech and focused on science instead of the human spirit.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Taking STEM Online Workshops
- Podcasts to Educate about Poverty, Racism, and Socioeconomic Inequality
- The Impact of Smartphones on Curriculum
- Make Space for Innovation in Curriculum
- Remote Teaching Best Practices – Free Webinars