Be able to answer the following questions:
- What did democrats and republicans agree on with regards to Equifax?
- How and why is the GAO involved in the Equifax ordeal?
- Legislatures are able to use public hearings to do what positive thing?
- What was Equifax lobbying for during the public hearings?
- What kinds of protections for consumers could legislation contain for data breach situations?
- When the federal laws for mandatory credit freezes were passed, how did this effect states that had stronger credit freeze laws?
Go back to the Equifax Case and listen to Episode 5. You will have to listen to Episode 4 for the next topic, so you might just get ahead and listen in order.