Sally and I took on the task of biking the 19 miles with Joel this morning (Joel was running it) to be his water & gu crew. We did one complete loop of Spring Lake and then a 3.5 mile out and back. Usually we biked on ahead and then stopped at 2-4 mile intervals to give Joel water, gatorade, or gu.
At some point Joel told us to stop at the water tower. Well… we are apparently pretty unobservant (or were chatting too much… Joel’s suspicion) because we totally missed the water tower. Joel ended up having to run 6 miles before he found us, sitting sheepishly on a towel in the sun, at the park where we leave the car.
Joel, knowing that I only got 4 hours of sleep last night, was not willing to criticize too much, but we felt bad for being a bad crew. So when we did the 3.5-mile “out and back” we took another look for the water tower. No idea how we missed it… not like it was a small landmark (see photo below).
And here comes Joel (somewhere around mile 15 or 16). Yay Joel!
Possibly Related Posts:
- Understand in learning objectives – it’s the forest, not the trees
- Elaborations for Creative Thinking in STEM
- What should K-12 teachers be learning about technology?
- The Road Back to Higher Education
- 10 Books to Push Your Thinking about Learning Design