Neil Turok is a theoretical physicist and winner of a 2008 TED Prize. In 2003, Turok founded the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS).
His TED wish? To grow AIMS and promote the study of math and science in Africa.
This is a really inspiring TED talk … a little big about his theories of the universe and the big bang, and mostly about his motivation for founding AIMS, and its successes.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Battle of the (free) Digital Whiteboarding Tools
- Tips for Getting the Right Screencast Conditions
- Learning to Screencast – Training Videos
- Strategies for Giving Tests with Desmos Graphing Calculator
- Contemporary Algebra Collection (new resources 2/4/2019)