Nope, it’s not a typo. I was trying to warn my beginning algebra class about how important it was that they get the hang of factoring, “in almost every problem in the next chapter, we start each problem by factoring … and there are fractions too, in every problem, so you’ve got to have your factoring down cold” (speaking, of course, about rational expressions).
“Oh, so this is fractoring instead of factoring?” one student quipped back. And I’m afraid we will be calling it fractoring for the rest of the semester.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Battle of the (free) Digital Whiteboarding Tools
- Tips for Getting the Right Screencast Conditions
- Learning to Screencast – Training Videos
- Strategies for Giving Tests with Desmos Graphing Calculator
- Contemporary Algebra Collection (new resources 2/4/2019)