Thanks to Julie for passing along this great example of calculus in nature. Apparently, roundworms calculate how much the strength of different tastes is changing and stay the course or change paths depending on their calculations.
Here’s the link. Enjoy!
Possibly Related Posts:
- Contemporary Algebra Collection (new resources 2/4/2019)
- Teaching in Higher Ed Podcast about ESIL Lens
- Add Graphs In The World to Courses
- Bringing the Real World to Your Math Class Every Day
- Taking the Algebra Out of College Algebra