Thanks to Julie for passing along this great example of calculus in nature. Apparently, roundworms calculate how much the strength of different tastes is changing and stay the course or change paths depending on their calculations.
Here’s the link. Enjoy!
Possibly Related Posts:
- Elaborations for Creative Thinking in STEM
- Learning Math is Not a Spectator Sport
- Recorded Webinar: Teaching Math in 2020
- AMATYC Keynote Notes: Challenge and Curiosity
- AMATYC Keynote Notes: Interaction and Impasse