Once you learn the algorithms for doing multidigit subtraction, then it might be difficult to remember why it’s hard to learn. If you’re teaching math for elementary teachers, this video might help your students to see why this is so hard for elementary students to learn the subtraction algorithm (or any other algorithm for that matter).
Possibly Related Posts:
- Elaborations for Creative Thinking in STEM
- Learning Math is Not a Spectator Sport
- Recorded Webinar: Teaching Math in 2020
- AMATYC Keynote Notes: Challenge and Curiosity
- AMATYC Keynote Notes: Interaction and Impasse