Another “food for thought” video from Digital Ethnography.
“A Vision of Students Today”
My Questions … and my responses.
1. Are the majority of faculty ready to teach (no… manage learning) in a way that engages this generation? I doubt it.
2. Is this generation of students interested in learning anything that isn’t based in entertainment? Also doubtful.
3. Why are we still assigning homework like writing papers, when our students naturally gravitate to websites, blogs, and social networking sites? So it’s not an MLA-formatted 8-page paper? A working website with properly documented sources and good writing would be a better way to share information anyways.
4. Are our learning spaces (aka classrooms) designed for 21st century learning? Well, most of them have one of those “state-of-the-art” whiteboards…
Possibly Related Posts:
- Elaborations for Creative Thinking in STEM
- What should K-12 teachers be learning about technology?
- The Road Back to Higher Education
- 10 Books to Push Your Thinking about Learning Design
- University of Copenhagen Keynote