We couldn’t decide what to do about buying Christmas presents for each other this year (I like to open presents on Christmas but we already buy what we want during the rest of the year).
Joel had me choose a letter of the alphabet, and I chose R. So we each had $100 to buy presents that begin with the letter R.
It was actually a pretty fun way to handle present-buying and I think we’ll do it again next year.
Here’s what Joel received:
- Regular fit Levi’s
- Rubik’s Cube
- Remember the 80′s Calendar
- Road to Perdition (DVD)
- Rise of Nations (computer game)
- Rumi (an epic poem of Turkey, translated to English)
Here’s what I received:
- Red pajamas
- Red sports top
- Racerback sports top
- Redemption Ark (book by Alastair Reynolds)
- Revelation Space (book by Alastair Reynolds)
- Reed Diffuser
Just for the record (in case you’re thinking of trying this next year) Joel did remove letters like X, Z, and Q before he had me pick a letter.
Possibly Related Posts:
- To put up the tree, or not … that is the question
- How we convinced ourselves to buy nothing from holiday sales
- Kitties have a new Favorite Spot
- Practical Ornaments
- Ornaments that Summarize a Year