Here’s where I have to admit that I used MathType for YEARS before I learned this little tip. However, it’s one of those that I use all the time now that I have learned it.
Have you ever had mathematical text that just didn’t look right? You can actually “nudge” each character to a new position to get it exactly the way you want it to look. While that is helpful, you can also use nudging to overlay some text on top of other text – this can be used to create, among other things, number lines!
Now, I can certainly make beautiful number lines in other programs too, but when I need a quick & dirty number line, there’s no reason why I can’t use MathType to do it. Here’s a little video demo of the nudging technique and a “How to” on making a number line.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Aligning Inline Equations Vertically in Instructure Canvas
- Tutorials on the Instructure Canvas Equation Editor
- Tips for the Equation Editor in Instructure Canvas
- Navigating WolframAlpha Pro Features
- Open and Close MathType Equations Quickly