Neil Turok is a theoretical physicist and winner of a 2008 TED Prize. In 2003, Turok founded the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS).
His TED wish? To grow AIMS and promote the study of math and science in Africa.
This is a really inspiring TED talk … a little big about his theories of the universe and the big bang, and mostly about his motivation for founding AIMS, and its successes.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Elaborations for Creative Thinking in STEM
- Learning Math is Not a Spectator Sport
- Recorded Webinar: Teaching Math in 2020
- AMATYC Keynote Notes: Challenge and Curiosity
- AMATYC Keynote Notes: Interaction and Impasse