Neil Turok is a theoretical physicist and winner of a 2008 TED Prize. In 2003, Turok founded the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS).
His TED wish? To grow AIMS and promote the study of math and science in Africa.
This is a really inspiring TED talk … a little big about his theories of the universe and the big bang, and mostly about his motivation for founding AIMS, and its successes.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Contemporary Algebra Collection (new resources 2/4/2019)
- Teaching in Higher Ed Podcast about ESIL Lens
- Add Graphs In The World to Courses
- Taking the Algebra Out of College Algebra
- Group Exploration in Math