I think Joel should have come with because he probably would’ve really enjoyed just sitting and enjoying the tranquility all day.
I spent most of the day making airport runs between Brook Lodge and the Kalamazoo Airport to shuttle participants to the event, which didn’t start till this evening. Now, this might sound like kind of a bum deal, but it does have it’s perks. As the shuttle driver, you get to know each group of participants a little better than you would have otherwise.
My other “perk” was that one of my airport pickups was Carl Wieman (Nobel Laureate in Physics, 2001) and his wife, Sarah Gilbert. Because we all missed dinner due to their flight time, the three of us had dinner together. So, the next time you are asked to do airport runs for a conference, don’t say no. You never know who you’ll end up in a conversation with!
Possibly Related Posts:
- Elaborations for Creative Thinking in STEM
- What should K-12 teachers be learning about technology?
- The Road Back to Higher Education
- 10 Books to Push Your Thinking about Learning Design
- University of Copenhagen Keynote