For the last two years, I’ve been studying social media from all angles in anticipation of teaching a full course on Social Media (which I did in the Winter 2012 semester). During that time, I tweeted all sorts of articles, videos, blog posts, and resources related to all aspects of Social Media.
Today I’m doing a 4-hour workshop on Social Media for the MCCVLCC, and in an effort to organize and make sense of two years of study, I decided to build a mindmap about Social Media from all the tweets I’ve made about this in the last year.
There are eight major branches on the mindmap:
- Guidelines and Policies
- The Business of Social Media
- Studying the Social Network
- History of Social Networks and Media
- Social Media and Education
- Human Relationships
- Technology and Tools
- Legal, Ethical, and Privacy Issues
Keep in mind that this is not, by any means, a complete map of Social Media. This is just everything I’ve tweeted related to Social Media in the last year.
NOTE: Due to circumstances I can’t control, you will not be able to view this map from an iPad. Mindomo did just recently put out an App for building a mindmap on iPad, so I suspect viewing mindmaps of other people will be coming soon. Sorry! Please view with a computer for now.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Learning at Scale Slides from ICTCM
- Clickety Click Click: Awful Measures for Learning
- Why high contextual interference?
- Recorded Webinar: Teaching Math in 2020
- AMATYC Keynote Notes: Challenge and Curiosity