Lewis Dot Diagrams in MathType
I was discussing MathType with my officemate (who is primarily a chemistry instructor), and we got on the topic of Lewis Dot diagrams. She complained that its always been difficult to insert Lewis Dot diagrams into text, and I said that I thought I could figure out how to do it in MathType.
I remembered that Bob Mathews (from Design Science) had built Lewis Dot diagrams using MathType, and I asked if he could demonstrate his technique (which he has kindly provided in this little Jing video). His is the first diagram (he also shows you how to get the double and triple bond symbols).
Then I made a video of how I would do it too. Mine is the second diagram.
Anyways, if there’s a chemist in your life – pass these tips along please. You’ll make their day!
Possibly Related Posts:
- Learning Math is Not a Spectator Sport
- Recorded Webinar: Teaching Math in 2020
- AMATYC Keynote Notes: Challenge and Curiosity
- AMATYC Keynote Notes: Interaction and Impasse
- Full version of Algeboats is out!