In November, I gave the keynote at the American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges (AMATYC) Conference in Denver.
I have given versions of this talk that are not specific for mathematics, but I don’t have recordings of those. I promise that the math in this talk is not inaccessible and is used more for examples than a framework for the talk. In other words, don’t let the word “math” scare you away. The alternate version of the talk is “Learning is Not a Spectator Sport.”
At the end of the keynote, audience members are invited to participate in a Weekly Teaching Challenge to continue exploring the ideas and research in the talk. You’re invited too. Just sign up!
Possibly Related Posts:
- Understand in learning objectives – it’s the forest, not the trees
- Group Exploration in Math
- Expectations About Studying and Syllabi
- The “Please Grade Early” Option
- Learning at Scale Slides from ICTCM