Last week I prepared a new presentation for the MichMATYC conference based partially on the literature review for my dissertation. In my dissertation I am studying instructors, but in this talk I addressed both the instructor and the student side. It was also the first presentation I’ve built using Prezi, and it was interesting to re-think presentation design using a new tool. Of course, the presentation misses something without the accompanying verbal descriptions, but there is enough information on here that you can begin to understand the problem (we don’t actually know much) and the solution (common language, common measurement tools).
There are also a few new cartoons/illustrations in this presentation. I’ve started just paying for a couple of illustrations per presentation to help viewers to understand (and mostly to remember) difficult concepts. Just to give you a rough idea in the time involved to create something like this, I spent about 18 hours on the Prezi build (which doesn’t even begin to account for the time spent doing the research).
If you attended the talk (in the flesh) and would like to evaluate the presentation, you can do it here on SpeakerRate.
Possibly Related Posts:
- WolframAlpha Facebook Report
- Data Sleuthing
- Level Up: Video Games for Learning Algebra
- Coming out of the Closet: I’m a Game Designer!
- Video Code Easter Eggs