Last month, my calculus class noticed that they would be having class on Halloween.
Do we really have class? they asked. Yes, it’s an 8am class, why would we cancel it?
Can we wear costumes? they asked. Yes, you can dress as your favorite mathematical function.
Can we get extra credit if we dress as a math function? they asked. Sure, why not, but I’m bringing my camera.
This week they are a little more nervous about the idea… we’ll look like geeks! they said. I said, Well, if you’re trying to win a “scariest costume” contest, what could be scarier to people than a logarithmic function?
Will they dress up? No idea. But if they do, I’ll post the pictures.
Possibly Related Posts:
- AMATYC Keynote Notes: Interaction and Impasse
- The 1-9-90 Rule and Observations of a Classroom Experience
- Phone Cameras Handle Information in a Snap!
- Web Tools to Enhance Learning
- What if you don’t have enough whiteboards?