If anyone has trouble logging in to Gmail (i.e. getting a blank page), I have found two simple solutions:
- Use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer (my standard solution when internet applications that usually work don’t work).
- Insert an “s” after the http in the address that you are trying. (this works in IE)
Don’t know what the problem is, but I’m willing to place the blame on the suspect IE browser.
UPDATE: And since the problem has not rectified itself… here’s a more permanent solution… In Internet Explorer, go to the Tools menu and Delete Browsing History … delete all your histories.
While you’re messing with Internet Explorer, you might as well make sure you have the Service Release 2 update for IE7 (I assume you’ve updated by this point) and update your Google Toolbar to Google Toolbar Version 5.0 Beta.
I’m going to post later this week about how I am using Google Notebooks to keep up with my online students, but you won’t be able to effectively use it unless you update to Google Toolbar 5.
Possibly Related Posts:
- The Road Back to Higher Education
- 10 Books to Push Your Thinking about Learning Design
- University of Copenhagen Keynote
- Canvas Network Social Media Course
- Reason to Calculate the Vertex