So, perhaps we’re struggling a bit with the possibility of our course curriculum shifting a bit in math with the introduction of Wolfram|Alpha. If you’re not struggling a bit, perhaps you haven’t played with it enough yet to really grasp the implications here.
Just so you know, whether they know it or not, the chemistry educators are going to have to think about this too. Here are some examples:
Wolfram Alpha will convert units.
It will solve a chemical formula for a specific variable (make sure to click on “show steps”).
If there’s a chemist in your circle of friends, perhaps it’s time they got to join in the fun!
Possibly Related Posts:
- Navigating WolframAlpha Pro Features
- Abandoning Ship on Wolfram Alpha?
- Shifting Assessment in a World with WolframAlpha
- Math Technology to Engage, Delight, and Excite
- TED Talk on Wolfram Alpha