Khan Academy Idaho is a grant-funded initiative to help K-12 teachers in Idaho integrate digital devices and the Khan Academy program into their math classrooms. Yesterday I gave a keynote there called “Between a Rock and a Hard Place” about (1) the challenges facing math educators and (2) Data Sleuthing, a way to encourage math curiosity and data literacy in students.
Resources from this presentation:
Homework from the Presentation
- TED Talks: Hans Rosling
- Flowing Data
- Guardian Data Blog
- Edward Tufte
- Measure of America
Possibly Related Posts:
- Interdisciplinary Courseware to the Rescue?
- Why prototype a digital course?
- The Road Back to Higher Education
- What does Math Teaching look like in 2020?
- Adding Future Proof Skills to Course Syllabii