Khan Academy Idaho is a grant-funded initiative to help K-12 teachers in Idaho integrate digital devices and the Khan Academy program into their math classrooms. Yesterday I gave a keynote there called “Between a Rock and a Hard Place” about (1) the challenges facing math educators and (2) Data Sleuthing, a way to encourage math curiosity and data literacy in students.
Resources from this presentation:
Homework from the Presentation
- TED Talks: Hans Rosling
- Flowing Data
- Guardian Data Blog
- Edward Tufte
- Measure of America
Possibly Related Posts:
- What does Math Teaching look like in 2020?
- Adding Future Proof Skills to Course Syllabii
- The Invasive Valley of Personalization
- 4 Predictions about the Age of Technology-Enhanced Learning
- Silicon-Valley Tinted Glasses (and MOOCs)