This is from a presentation today looking at the future of teaching math from a K-12 perspective. Here are my predictions for math teaching at the K-12 level in 2020:
(1) Learning math becomes a team activity, where technology is one of the team members.
(2) Teachers shift from the role of an instructor to the role of a learning coach.
(3) We solve the mobile devices and assessment problem.
(4) Students can move seamlessly between in-person and digital experiences.
(5) Teacher planning periods shift from lesson planning to examining analytics and choosing digital / in-person learning activities.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Interdisciplinary Courseware to the Rescue?
- Why prototype a digital course?
- The Road Back to Higher Education
- Adding Future Proof Skills to Course Syllabii
- The Invasive Valley of Personalization